DHEA 10 mg 100 capsules Douglas Labs
Couldn't load pickup availability
DHEA 25 mg capsules, provided by Douglas Laboratories, contain the highest-purity micronized dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) produced under strict Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
• DHEA capsules may be a useful nutritional adjunct for individuals who wish to support the body’s normal DHEA functions.
FUNCTIONS AND MECHANISM OF ACTION
DHEA is a natural steroid hormone that is synthesized from cholesterol through pregnenolone by the adrenal glands. DHEA acts as the parent precursor for other important steroid hormones, such as estradiol and other estrogens, and testosterone. While not a precursor to progesterone, DHEA made by the body can indirectly influence progesterone synthesis through a feedback mechanism whereby pregnenolone is converted to progesterone based on DHEA levels. Apart from these functions, DHEA also has important biological functions itself. Recent experimental and human studies show that DHEA is involved in supporting a large variety of physiological processes including immune function, brain function, bone metabolism, and the regulation of insulin-like growth factor levels. DHEA and its metabolite, DHEA sulfate, are present in human adult plasma in concentrations of 0.01-0.02 µM and 5 to 7 µM, respectively. DHEA sulfate levels are low in early childhood and begin to rise after age 7, peak at age 20-24, and then drop at a rate of approximately 20% per decade, until at age 85-90, levels are 10-15% of those at age 20-30. DHEA levels also decline under a variety of conditions of physiological stress. Vegetarians also have been shown to have decreased DHEA levels due to higher dietary fiber intake.
- Amount Per Serving
- Serving Size 1 Vegetarian Capsule • Servings Per Container 100
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone)10 mg
- Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule)
- Caution Athletes: DHEA is classified as a prohibited substance by certain sports organizations, as well as the World Anti-Doping Association (WADA). Please consult the rules of your specific organization to determine if DHEA is prohibited.
- Suggested Usage: 1 daily