Target gb-X Probiotic 30 sachets Klaire Labs
Couldn't load pickup availability
Probiotics and the gut brain axis
The gut brain axis refers to the communication network between the central and autonomic nervous systems and the gut microbiome, gut-associated lymphoid tissues, the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, and the enteric nervous system. It is a complex interaction whereas the microbiota engages locally with intestinal cells as well as communicating directly with the central nervous system through neuroendocrine, immune, and metabolic pathways.1 Research into gut brain mechanisms is rapidly evolving our understanding and serves to inform the development of targeted probiotic formulations.
- Powered by Ecologic BARRIER, a 5B CFU blend of 9 probiotic strains
- Protected by PROBIOACT® Technology for optimal efficacy and shelf-stability
- Hypoallergenic, * non-GMO, single-serving sachets
Target gb-X with Ecologic BARRIER was specifically designed to influence the gut brain axis through defined mechanisms including strengthening of the gut barrier function, modulation of cytokines and inflammatory response, neuroprotective metabolite production, and HPA regulation. Pre-clinical research emphasized a pronounced shift in cytokine production, a reduction in inflammatory lipopolysaccharides, and a dramatic alteration in hippocampal genes related to HPA regulation.2 Moreover, clinical findings have demonstrated that supplementation with Ecologic BARRIER is correlated with decreased overall cognitive reactivity to sad mood, diminished rumination, and reduction in aggressive thoughts, all of which are established vulnerability markers for more significant mood alterations.3
1. Carabotti M, Scirocco A, Maselli MA, Severi C. The gut-brain axis: interactions between enteric microbiota, central and enteric nervous systems Ann Gastroenterol. 2015 Apr-Jun; 28(2): 203–209.
2. Abildgaard A, Elfving B, Hokland M, Wegener G, Lund S. Probiotic treatment reduces depressive-like behaviour in rats independently of diet. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2017 May;79:40-48.
3. Steenbergen L, Sellaro R, van Hemert S, Bosch JA, Colzato LS. A randomized, controlled trial to test the effect of multispecies probiotics on cognitive reactivity to sad mood. Brain Behav Immun. 2015 Aug;48:258-64.
Dissolve the contents of 1 sachet in 3-4 oz. of lukewarm water or mix with a dairy product such as milk or yogurt. Gently stir before consuming. Take on an empty stomach in the morning, before bed, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Suitable for children from the age of 1 year.
Serving Size: 1 Sachet (Approx. 2g)
Amount Per Sachet
Calories ... 5
Total Carbohydrate ... 2g
Sodium ... 70mg
Potassium ... 35mg
(as potassium chloride)
Ecologic BARRIER Probiotic Blend ... 2g
(5 billion CFU)
Lactobacillus casei W56*
Lactobacillus acidophilus W37*
Lactobacillus Brevis W63*
Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis W58*
Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis W52*
Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis W19*
Lactobacillus salivarius W24*
Bifidobacterium bifidum W23*
Bifidobacterium lactis W51*
Other Ingredients: Maize starch, maltodextrin, inulin, polydextrose, vegetable protein, magnesium sulfate, and manganese sulfate.
Caution: Do not exceed one sachet per day. When antibiotics are used, wait 2-3 hours before using this product. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or taking prescription drugs, consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of reach of the reach of children.