🚛 Free Shipping Over $50
D, L-Phenylalanine 500 mg 100 capsules Life Extension
Couldn't load pickup availability
Phenylalanine supplementation helps in the production of healthy neurotransmitters (dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine). Clinical trials suggest it may promote positive moods.
What Is D, L-Phenylalanine Capsules?
Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid, which means your body can’t produce sufficient amounts and requires it from an external source. It’s converted to L-tyrosine in the liver, which is then converted into dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline) hormones that can become depleted for a variety of reasons. Replenishing norepinephrine in the brain can support brain health.
The neurotransmitters produced from phenylalanine supplementation bring a wide range of cognitive health benefits.
D, L-Phenylalanine Benefits
- Supports production of L-tyrosine, which is used to make dopamine, norepinephrine & epinephrine
- Helps promote healthy mood & sleep
- Supports healthy cognitive function
- Provides protection for brain cells
Essential Nutrient to Support Mood and Cognitive Health
D,L-phenylalanine is a 50/50 mixture of its two stereoisomers that can be converted to L-tyrosine in the liver, which is then used to make dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. In addition to acting as a neurotransmitter that supports healthy mood and sleep, norepinephrine is known to protect brain cells by promoting a healthy inflammatory response, inhibiting oxidative stress and supporting healthy neuronal growth.
Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that can be converted to L-tyrosine in the liver. Tyrosine is used in the nervous system to make a class of neurotransmitters called catecholamines: dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. Epinephrine, made from tyrosine in the adrenal medulla, functions as a neurohormone and is known as adrenaline.
|Dosage and Use|
Do not use if you have phenylketonuria.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.