🚛 Free Shipping Over $50
L-Lysine 620 mg 100 capsules Life Extension
Couldn't load pickup availability
What Is L-Lysine?
Lysine, a building block for protein, is an essential amino acid, which means it is not produced by our bodies. Therefore, it has to be obtained through our diet. Lysine helps encourage a healthy stress response and helps inhibit glycation, which can play a role in a variety of age-related factors.
Among its potential health benefits, lysine supplementation has been shown to increase calcium absorption and retention.
- Supports healthy nitrogen balance
- Promotes healthy calcium metabolism
- Encourages a healthy stress response
- Helps inhibit glycation
Fight Against Age-Related Factors
Lysine is an essential amino acid necessary for growth, and it helps maintain nitrogen balance in the body. It also appears to inhibit glycation, a biochemical reaction that can contribute to a variety of age-related factors. Glycation events disrupt the normal function of protein and lipid structures in the body and are accelerated by elevated levels of sugar in the blood.
Most people consume adequate amounts of lysine, but vegan diets need to include beans and lentils in order to provide enough.1 Athletes involved in frequent vigorous exercise have an increased need for essential amino acids, and vegan athletes face the greatest challenge in getting the right balance and amounts of dietary amino acids.
|Dosage and Use|
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.