🚛 Free Shipping Over $50
Decaffeinated Mega Green Tea Extract 100 capsules Life Extension
Couldn't load pickup availability
Mega Green Tea Extract (decaffeinated) provides powerful antioxidant effects throughout the body. Green tea contains health-promoting polyphenols including epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a powerful antioxidant which has been the subject of extensive scientific research. The antioxidant activity of EGCG is about 25–100 times that of vitamins C and E and this 98% green tea extract (decaffeinated) is standardized to provide high potency EGCG, by far the most important polyphenol green tea provides. So pour on the multiple health benefits with this essential extract!
Benefits at a Glance
- Powerful antioxidant
- Supports cell membrane integrity
- Boosts liver detoxification
- Enhances immune function
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels already within normal range and lipid profiles
- Supports healthy cell growth
- Possibly promotes weight loss
Powerful Antioxidant Backed by Extensive Scientific Research
Green tea contains health-promoting polyphenols including epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a powerful antioxidant which has been the subject of extensive scientific research. The antioxidant activity of EGCG is about 25–100 times that of vitamins C and E.1, 2 One cup of green tea provides roughly 100 mg of polyphenols3 and has antioxidant effects that are greater than a serving of broccoli, spinach, carrots or strawberries.
More Polyphenols in One Capsule than Several Cups of Green Tea
One capsule of Life Extension’s Mega Green Tea Extract provides more polyphenols than you get from drinking seven cups of green tea. This 98% green tea extract is standardized to provide high-potency EGCG, by far the most important polyphenol green tea provides.
And green tea powdered extracts have been shown to absorb 60%–90% better into the bloodstream4 and to be far more bioavailable than drinking green tea itself.
Research Supported Benefits of Green Tea
The Chinese have used green tea for therapeutic purposes since 2000 BC. More recently, volumes of published scientific findings attest to its multiple health benefits…including:
- Scavenging reactive oxygen species such as superoxide and the hydroxyl and peroxyl radical5-9
- Cell membrane supporting properties10-12
- Possibly promoting weight loss13-18
- Boosting the effectiveness of enzymatic phase II detoxification19-25
- Helping maintain healthy cell proliferation26-40
- Helping maintain healthy blood cholesterol, LDL and triglyceride levels already within normal range41-49
- Enhancing immune function50-64
- Displaying protective effects on brain tissues65-75
- Mega Green Tea Extract has been concentrated and dual standardized to ensure the highest quality, consistency and biological activity. This advanced extract contains 98% total polyphenols and 45% epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG).
References available upon request
Take one (1) capsule daily without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Each serving contains a small amount of caffeine (max. of 3.6 mg).
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Amount Per Serving:
Green tea decaffeinated extract ... 725mg
(leaf) [std. to 98% polyphenols, 45% EGCG]
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, stearic acid, silica.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.