🚛 Free Shipping Over $50
Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin 5mg 60 lozenges Life Extension
Couldn't load pickup availability
Vitamin B12 is present in foods of animal origin, including dairy products and eggs. Thus, vegetarians are more susceptible to a dietary deficiency of this important nutrient.1 Likewise, vitamin B12 serum concentrations are reported to be significantly lower in elderly population groups compared to younger groups.2-6 It is estimated that 10% to 30% of individuals over the age of 50 have low stomach acid secretion7, 8 which results in decreased bioavailability of vitamin B12 from food.
Methylcobalamin is the form of vitamin B12 active in the central nervous system. It is essential for cell growth and replication.8 In some people the liver may not convert cyanocobalamin, the common supplemental form of vitamin B12, into adequate amounts of methylcobalamin needed for proper neuronal functioning.9 Methylcobalamin may exert its neuroprotective effects through enhanced methylation, acceleration of nerve cell growth, or its ability to maintain already healthy homocysteine levels.10, 11
1. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007 Nov;232(10):1266-74.
2. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 Feb;89(2):693S-6S
3. Prev Med. 2004 Dec;39(6):1256-66.
4. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999;70:904-910.
5. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Aug;88(2):348-55.
6. JAMA. 1997 Aug 27;278(8):659-62.
7. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1986 Nov;34(11):800-6.
8. Br J Haematol. 2010 Jan;148(2):195-204.
9. Baillieres Clin Haematol. 1995 Sep;8(3):567-601.
10. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2010 Mar;28(165):236-8.
11. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 May;64(5):495-502
Dissolve in mouth or chew one (1) lozenge 1 to 8 times daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian lozenge
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin B12 ... 5mg
Other ingredients: xylitol, natural vanilla flavor, sorbitol, stearic acid, tapioca starch, tapioca maltodextrin, vegetable stearate.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.