🚛 Free Shipping Over $50
Vitamin B6 250 mg 100 capsules Life Extension
Couldn't load pickup availability
Multi-benefit health essential
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin found naturally in many foods, while fortified in others. If you aren’t getting enough, supplementing helps support cardiovascular and neurological health.
Since your body doesn’t produce vitamin B6, it must be obtained through diet or supplementation.
Vitamin B6 Benefits
- Helps support cardiovascular & neurological health
- Helps maintain homocysteine levels already within normal range
- A cofactor in more than 160 enzyme-driven reactions
Sometimes Food Sources Aren’t Enough
Vitamin B6 is found in foods such as eggs, brewer’s yeast, carrots, chicken, fish, brown rice, whole grains and cabbage. While most people get enough vitamin B6 from food, that's not always the case. If you need help maintaining vitamin B6 levels, there are a host of whole-body health benefits it can support.
Vitamin B6, or pyridoxine, is a component of the vitamin B complex and necessary for optimal health. In its active form, pyridoxal 5-phosphate (PLP), vitamin B6 is a cofactor in more than 160 enzyme-driven reactions in the body that affect amino acid transformation, synthesis and breakdown of neurotransmitters, cellular energy production and use, immune function, methylation and DNA synthesis and repair.
While most people get enough B6 from food sources, some people are B6 deficient. Optimal blood levels of PLP may help support cardiovascular and neurological health. Through its role as a methylator, vitamin B6 (along with B12 and folate) helps maintain homocysteine levels already within the normal range. One study noted a connection between vitamin B6 levels, high homocysteine levels and increased mortality.
|Dosage and Use|
Peripheral neuropathy may occur when pyridoxine HCl is taken in excess of 300 mg daily. If this occurs, reduce intake or discontinue product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.